Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Nothing to do with Happiness

My aunt, Lil (center) & clean-shaven uncle, Terry
I visited my favorite aunt and uncle a few years ago when I was homeschooling my son, Jack.  We flew to Tucson, and they quickly shared that they turned their talents to the Praise Band at their church.  I remember my aunt and uncle during their "Rock Band" era in the 70's.  They were the "Dearly Beloved", a name that brought new meaning for their gospel rock reincarnation.   When we visited,  the recent news was that  they recruited their old member "Mike" to play on Sundays.  Dearly Beloved was back together, playing for a greater cause. 

Me & our American Bull Dog, Niki
The part that has nothing to do with happiness, is that Mike died from injuries from his own dog.  Last week, after three weeks, he succumbed to the injuries.  His pet, Butch (a Pit Bull), was recovering from surgery and in pain and lashed out at his owner.  How devastating to family, friends, me.  

Thank the Lord that Mike was reunited to Dearly Beloved for the past few years.  For those Sundays, those souls, everyone.  There really seems to be no explanation.




No comments:

Post a Comment